AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Anime & Related Forums > Anime (Genre/Series/Studio) > Super Robot/Mecha

Old August 14th, 2011, 07:41 PM   #61
Ryvius
Rising Phoenix

Galient is awesome.

I can see myself really enjoying L-Gaim, but I think Xabungle is going to be way better. I'm not even kidding, I watched the first 10 episodes and it seemed damn good, and a type of show Tomino haters could probably enjoy. It breaks the 4th wall a lot and is just really all out fun stuff. Only problem is the subs are going VERY slowly for both projects, but they're both in the 40's and near the finish line.

And yeah, the old L-Gaim HK subs are among the worst I've ever seen. Heck, I can barely stomach them for Dragonar. ... stalled that one 15 episodes in due to the subs, but I'll get back to it.
Ryvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #62
Levo
Savior of the Universe

I'm up to episode 19 of Xabungle and I do like it more than L-Gaim. Maybe the better subs have something to do with it.

"To hell with your opinion!" - Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
Levo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 12:44 AM   #63
Levo
Savior of the Universe

Hey Hades Project Zeorymer is a really nice mecha OVA I just finished. Stunning animation. I just wish it was longer.
I bought the DVD's years ago but only watched the first episode and never really gave it a chance. Since I'm playing Super Robot Wars J and plan to use the Zeorymer and get the Great Zeorymer I decided to put some effort into watching it. This time I didn't watch the DVD's but the 1080p Blu-ray rips.

I also recommend Five Star Stories movie which has some of the most amazing animation I've ever seen. But its also far too short & you have to read the manga to get the full story. I downloaded the first 11 books(out of 12 so far) so I plan to read them one of these days. Its been an ongoing manga since 1986!

Last edited by Levo; August 15th, 2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old August 15th, 2011, 03:56 AM   #64
Vaikyuko
Once and Final King

Yeah, Five Star Stories is decent. The film isn't very satisfying but it's a good romp.

"The agriculture ministry is not in charge of Gundam," ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura said.
Vaikyuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 09:04 AM   #65
CanisWolfred
Big Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levon View Post
Hey Hades Project Zeorymer is a really nice mecha OVA I just finished. Stunning animation. I just wish it was longer.
I bought the DVD's years ago but only watched the first episode and never really gave it a chance. Since I'm playing Super Robot Wars J and plan to use the Zeorymer and get the Great Zeorymer I decided to put some effort into watching it. This time I didn't watch the DVD's but the 1080p Blu-ray rips.
I'm putting it on the list (loves OVAs), but I thought Zeorymer was one of those harder-to-define shows? Or is it really straight mecha?

Quote:
I also recommend Five Star Stories movie which has some of the most amazing _______ I've ever seen.
Most amazing...what, exactly?

Arooo~
CanisWolfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #66
Sushikins
Rydia of the Vipers

Zeorymer is really straight mecha, but I personally found it to be rather weak overall due to it's length. It's strongest points are it's excellent mecha design and superb music, but it's shortness hurts it a lot.

Still, I kept the DVDs I own because it's a fun kick back and enjoy show...and I love Zeorymer from SRW.
Currently Watching: Kill la Kill
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X|V | Hatsune Miku Project Diva F | Bravely Default Demo
Sushikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #67
CanisWolfred
Big Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushikins View Post
Zeorymer is really straight mecha...
Good, that means less work for me. Thanks.

Arooo~
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #68
Levo
Savior of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeymac92 View Post
Most amazing...what, exactly?
Oh, I had meant to say most amazing animation.

Old August 16th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #69
CanisWolfred
Big Bad

Quote:
Oh, I had meant to say most amazing animation.
I can appreciate some good animation. Now I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Does anybody know if Zone of the Enders is any good?

Arooo~
Old August 16th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #70
Levo
Savior of the Universe

Zone of the Enders is decent. Nothing special but still fun, especially if your a fan of the games(although I find the games better than the anime).
In Zone of the Enders Dolores(the TV series) its about a mecha named Dolores and she talks which is very strange but its funny. Some might find it annoying however.

Watch the Idolo OVA first, then the TV series Dolores. The OVA is much more serious & dark but the TV series is pretty light.

Old August 16th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #71
CanisWolfred
Big Bad

Quote:
Zone of the Enders is decent. Nothing special but still fun, especially if your a fan of the games(although I find the games better than the anime).
In Zone of the Enders Dolores(the TV series) its about a mecha named Dolores and she talks which is very strange but its funny. Some might find it annoying however.

Watch the Idolo OVA first, then the TV series Dolores. The OVA is much more serious & dark but the TV series is pretty light.
Sounds good and roger that.

Arooo~
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #72
Ryvius
Rising Phoenix

ZoE the series felt like Gundam SEED but fun to me. 40 year old trucker as the main character? That right there is a winner. I had fun with it. The OVA was definitely awesome.

Can any FSS expert here tell me if the manga is complete or not, or do we not even know? I hear both things all the time. The funny thing is, rumors are it was born because Nagano hated what Tomino did with L-Gaim (Nagano did the character/mech designs), and well they have a weird history with the voice actress who played the fairy in Dunbine/L-Gaim, lol.
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:20 PM   #73
MechaFan
Fan of Mecha

Quote:
Dolores and she talks which is very strange but its funny. Some might find it annoying however.
I'd be one of those people.. I couldn't make it past episode 3 or 4 because of the talking mech lol.. Although it does get explained in Idolo, but i thought after watching Idolo first that ZoE would be more "real" mecha than it is.. But.. a talking mech? With a female voice at that? lol.. Maybe it get's explained more further on..

There's been plenty of times where I've wanted to pick the seires up again too considering I liked the first few eps.. I jus' couldn't make it past the talking mech when im in the mood for a real robot show..

The OAV Idolo was very good I thought though.. The dub was weak but it was pretty good for a short animation.
My Anime List + Video Game Backloggery
MechaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #74
Ryvius
Rising Phoenix

Hey man, the Transformers talk! ... lol.

Of course I think that was handled way better in GGG. I just couldn't help compare GGG to Transformers as I watched it, but I felt like the human and robots relationships were more respectful among one another and on the same level, whereas when humans came into contact with the Transformers (thinking of the G1 series mainly here), it usually turned into a complete joke and things like that. I'll never forget the episode when the Transformers shrunk and became toys or something for an episode. Wow... lol.
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #75
MechaFan
Fan of Mecha

Yes but those are Transformers.. There's always gonna be more then meets the eyes
My Anime List + Video Game Backloggery
MechaFan is offline   Reply With Quote