AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Anime & Related Forums > Fan Art & Fiction

Fan Art & Fiction A place for artists and writers to share their anime or game related work.

Old January 17th, 2011, 06:42 AM   #61
mike2
Come at me bro

A very crude sketch for a low angle shot need alot of help on this one any1 have tips on low angle and high angle perspectives
Old January 18th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #62
Mavin Maverick
Edit Demon - Will edit for food.

Interesting. I don't have too much to say (I know, it's a shock!). Try it out with full sketches and see how it comes out. As it is now, it looks all right to me.

Haikus are easy,
But sometimes they don't make sense.
Refrigerator.

I loves me some cartoon violence.

I don't care if I'm famous or infamous, as long as people know me.
Mavin Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 01:55 AM   #63
mike2
Come at me bro

gonan be gettin some new art tools and then gonna try that pic again will upload it soon maybe if u see it completed u'll be able to criticise it better
Old January 22nd, 2011, 04:26 AM   #64
mike2
Come at me bro

Ok im still workin on that perspective shot
But for now id like to share 2 pictures which i have drawn up with the new tools i bought still dotn kno how to use the dip pen so i used a fine liner pen. Would like some criticism on the title and obviously the drawings themselves i used alot of criticism u guys gave in previous posts and worked alot on the body and fine details

Btw what do you guys think of the title? Also id like to kno do i have a unique stykle yet or does it seem like im copying another artist cause honestly im not but id just like to kno what my art style reminds u of or is it unique.
Thanks in advance
Old January 22nd, 2011, 05:28 PM   #65
kasumi-chan
So... serious... 0_o

looks awsome!!!!! i ish i could draw like that XD im ok with heads but stink at bodies XD

~By somebody on Facebook

Nothing is impossible until the whole world tries!!!!!

~An original quote be me.

If we had TRULY evolved from apes, we would have no hair.

~An original quote be me.
kasumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 05:30 PM   #66
superplough
fear cuts deeper than swords

Wow mike those last two pics are really good.

superplough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 02:14 AM   #67
mike2
Come at me bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasumi-chan View Post
looks awsome!!!!! i ish i could draw like that XD im ok with heads but stink at bodies XD
Thanks for the complements appreciate it. BTW keep drawing look at my earlier posts man i wasnt that great either but i kept practicing and in about time of 4-5 months i was able to get pretty good

Quote:
Originally Posted by superplough View Post
Wow mike those last two pics are really good.
Thanks man appreciate it, its amazing how much i have improved i just looked over my precious posts. I guess having the right tools does make a difference.

Also regarding my previous posts id like to kno what u guys think of the title and do you think my art stlye is developed and unique or do i draw similar to another mangaka?
Also any criticism on my drawings is also welcome
Thanks in advace

Last edited by mike2; January 23rd, 2011 at 02:19 AM.
mike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:49 AM   #68
Mavin Maverick

Well, I'm not familiar with a lot of different mangaka styles, so I can't really comment on that. Though of the things I do know, nothing in particular comes to mind as far as similiarity. As long as you're drawing freehand, you're probably all right.

I like the title.

As for the last two pics, I like the first one better. It seems a lot cleaner and like you really took your time to get it right. However, his thumb is bent to a very painful degree. Maybe he's double-jointed? LOL

Haikus are easy,
Refrigerator.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:13 AM   #69
Shiroiyuki
Leading Cause of Otaku Death

Wow, you've improved greatly . The only thing I noticed that might need a little working on was the last one -- the guy sitting on the bench. The bench doesn't look like it has any depth to it. The guy looks awesome, nice perspective, but the bench looks flat where he is sitting. I honestly don't know what could be done to fix this...maybe some more shadow? Or perhaps draw the ledge a bit larger than the woodwork on the back? Anyway, very nice work!
Shiroiyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 04:08 PM   #70
mike2
Come at me bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavin Maverick View Post
Well, I'm not familiar with a lot of different mangaka styles, so I can't really comment on that. Though of the things I do know, nothing in particular comes to mind as far as similiarity. As long as you're drawing freehand, you're probably all right.

I like the title.

As for the last two pics, I like the first one better. It seems a lot cleaner and like you really took your time to get it right. However, his thumb is bent to a very painful degree. Maybe he's double-jointed? LOL
hey thanks man appreciate the comments. BTW the guys thumb does look like its at a painful angle i used my own hands as a reference and i cn bend my thumb back pretty far so i guess thats y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroiyuki View Post
Wow, you've improved greatly . The only thing I noticed that might need a little working on was the last one -- the guy sitting on the bench. The bench doesn't look like it has any depth to it. The guy looks awesome, nice perspective, but the bench looks flat where he is sitting. I honestly don't know what could be done to fix this...maybe some more shadow? Or perhaps draw the ledge a bit larger than the woodwork on the back? Anyway, very nice work!
Thanks for noticing. I guess alot of my improvement kinda came from geting better tools to work with rather than a .7 pacer im using a .5 and i got lighter lead so there is less mess, also i got a .03 fine liner and dip pens instead of a .2pen, its amazing how much better you get when using better tools.
As for the guy on the bench im not used to drawing objects and bgs yet so hopefully after more studying of my old graphics work that i did in yr 10 lol ill be able to draw alot better objects and backgrounds. Hopefully i can get started with actually drawing up the manga soon but atm i still feel that my art is not quite there yet.

Does any1 know how to use screen tone or dip pens or has like tutorials on that?

Last edited by mike2; January 23rd, 2011 at 04:14 PM.
mike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 07:44 PM   #71
mike2
Come at me bro

Ok trying to draw the main female character yet always her face seems to come off as masculine to me :S any1 have any tips when drawing females?
Old January 24th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #72
Mavin Maverick

Well, from what I've seen, men typically have rounder/squarer jaw lines, while females usually have thinner, more pointed jaws and chins. Noses tend to be a little smaller as well, and the eyes usually are shaped different; a little more rounded and soft. You may want to look at some established manga/anime and try to pick out the differences, then adjust those differences to match your style.

Haikus are easy,
Refrigerator.

Old January 24th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #73
Shiroiyuki
Leading Cause of Otaku Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2 View Post
Ok trying to draw the main female character yet always her face seems to come off as masculine to me :S any1 have any tips when drawing females?
Well, your style reminds me a lot of Bleach (hopefully you don't take that the wrong way...it's a good thing! ) so I'd look to see how women in that series are drawn.

They have very soft, slightly angled faces, pointed chins, and are generally smaller than men in both body size and height. Also, eyes are the easiest way to make sure a woman looks like a woman. They always have larger, softer eyes with eyelashes drawn to be noticed, more reflections around the iris (usually), and are drawn to be beautiful. Even women with smaller, serious eyes....they usually all share something of these characteristics.

Look on youtube perhaps for a good tutorial on drawing female characters. There are probably tons out there
Shiroiyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #74
mike2
Come at me bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroiyuki View Post

Well, your style reminds me a lot of Bleach (hopefully you don't take that the wrong way...it's a good thing! ) so I'd look to see how women in that series are drawn.

They have very soft, slightly angled faces, pointed chins, and are generally smaller than men in both body size and height. Also, eyes are the easiest way to make sure a woman looks like a woman. They always have larger, softer eyes with eyelashes drawn to be noticed, more reflections around the iris (usually), and are drawn to be beautiful. Even women with smaller, serious eyes....they usually all share something of these characteristics.

Look on youtube perhaps for a good tutorial on drawing female characters. There are probably tons out there
Like bleach aye hmmmmmm... how so? Not that i mind im just wondering, i do read/watch alot of bleach but ye i mite have subconsciously drawn like that.

Anyway thanks for the advice on drawing females ill post the pic very soon
Old February 1st, 2011, 03:13 AM   #75
Olivia_688

nice! with a bit more of practice, I think your drawing will improve.

Tags
anime, characters, drawing, manga, sketch