AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Mature Discussion Forums > Yaoi/Yuri

Yaoi/Yuri Discuss expressions of homosexuality and same-sex love in anime. ADULT CONTENT.

Old February 26th, 2010, 05:04 AM   #1
SpashleyInLove

Icon07 List of all yuri animes

Hey guys, first of all im new here, so hi

Since I like yuri animes and always try to find some more good ones
i ask you to help me and I guess a lot of other people here.
What i'd like you to do is just post some of your favourite yuri animes and describe them in a few sentences. For example the plot, what you liked or disliked about it and when it was released.
That way we can creat some kind of a list, where everyone can look up some good yuri animes with descriptions and of course it makes it more simple to find some good ones.

Im sorry if there is already a thread like this

So i wish everyone fun posting and reading
SpashleyInLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 09:09 AM   #2
Sora N
Welcome to the Dark Side

Blue Drop (Mecha/Futuristic/Sci-Fi)
Kannazuki no Miko (Mecha/Sci-Fi)
Maria Watches Over Us (Drama/School)
Simoun (Drama/Mecha/Futuristic/Sic-Fi - One of the best Yuri show's out there...I highly recommend it.)
Strawberry Panic (Drama/Comedy/School)
Revolutionary Girl Utena (Comedy/School/Action/Drama-not an actual yuri show however there is yuri elements to it)

Not a real yuri show:
Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl (Comedy/School – (not Yuri however some may classify it as such…) the main character gets his gender switched because of an accident.)

"I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine with fire and blood."
From Game of Thrones ~ Daenerys Targaryen

Last edited by Sora N; February 26th, 2010 at 09:12 AM.
Sora N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #3
madoka odeko

I think Kashimashi is a yuri title. The main character got switched permanently, unlike Mizuho in Otoboku or Hibiki in I My Me! Strawberry Eggs.

Is Maria+Holic yuri?
madoka odeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #4
Sora N
Welcome to the Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoka odeko View Post
I think Kashimashi is a yuri title. The main character got switched permanently, unlike Mizuho in Otoboku or Hibiki in I My Me! Strawberry Eggs.

Is Maria+Holic yuri?
No, Maria Holic is not a yuri series…it’s a show that mocks lesbians (it's a parody series.)

Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl is not a real yuri show either because:

SPOILER! (highlight to read):
the main character was a male who got turned into a female and still has the mentality of a male and not of a female...and yes, I do like Kashimashi however it's not a true yuri show/manga.

Old February 27th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #5
Clayton
Banned

try http://www.shoujoai.com/forums
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2010, 02:12 PM   #6
mdauben
VF-1 Valkyrie

A couple recent manga adaptations that no one has mentioned yet:

Aoi Hana (Drama) -The story focuses on Fumi Manjōme, a lesbian high school girl, and her close childhood friend Akira Okudaira, who tries to keep her friends happy through difficult times.

Sasameki Koto (Comedy) - The series, which is set in a co-ed high school, is about Sumika Murasame, a 15-year-old girl who is secretly in love with her female best friend, Ushio Kazama. Ushio likes girls too, but is only into "cute" and "small" girls, while Sumika is tall, good at sports, and outgoing rather than shy.

mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2010, 03:58 PM   #7
old hat
You must be kidding with this crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora N View Post
the main character was a male who got turned into a female and still has the mentality of a male and not of a female...and yes, I do like Kashimashi however it's not a true yuri show/manga.
That's debatable.

Even before the accident, the show stresses Hazumu's femininity. He is often mistaken for a girl. One theory is that Hazumu was an unrecognized mtf transsexual. He always had the identity and mentality of a female. The spaceship didn't get it wrong. The spaceship got it right. Hazumu was really female all along. There is some support for this. The super advanced tech gets it wrong where more primitive Earth tech got it right? Also, Hazumu adapted very easily to being a girl. Very, very easily.
Avatar - Enju Aihara (Black Bullet)
old hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2010, 04:13 PM   #8
Sora N
Welcome to the Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by old hat View Post
That's debatable.

Even before the accident, the show stresses Hazumu's femininity. He is often mistaken for a girl. One theory is that Hazumu was an unrecognized mtf transsexual. He always had the identity and mentality of a female. The spaceship didn't get it wrong. The spaceship got it right. Hazumu was really female all along. There is some support for this. The super advanced tech gets it wrong where more primitive Earth tech got it right? Also, Hazumu adapted very easily to being a girl. Very, very easily.
Yes, he was in touch with his 'feminine side' …however it’s different because she was a male to begin with…sorry, I feel that it was a 'cop-out' yuri series…(and before anyone asks... YES, I do like the show) however it would have been a true yuri series if ‘he’ had been a ‘she’ to being with...and like I said before some people may classify Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl as Yuri...however I do not.

Old February 28th, 2010, 01:11 AM   #9
ThePhillyFlash
Boobies for the win!

Well, I have the usual suspects in my anime library:

Blue Drop
Kannazuki no Miko
Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl

Maria Watches Over Us (this is debatable, but I don't really think of this as a yuri show in the purest sense of the word)
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Simoun
Strawberry Panic
Anime watched in 2014: 105 episodes (41 anime: 37 watching, 4 completed, 0 dropped)
My Anime List / Pink Lady
ThePhillyFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 05:09 AM   #10
SuiDream
❤ Sakura Trick ❤

I haven't seen it myself since I don't watch fansubs, but there's also Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito.
Favorite Anime: Sakura Trick, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Air, Kanon, Clannad/Clannad After Story, Toradora, Strike Witches, Simoun, Kaleido Star, Kashimashi, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha/Nanoha A's, Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya, Saki, Spice and Wolf, Aria, Lucky Star, Anohana, ef, Steins;Gate
My Anime Collection, My Anime List, My Figures
SuiDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 09:20 AM   #11
SpashleyInLove

Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito is a very confusing anime at first but if you take a closer look its really, really worth watching. I guess it was released in 2003.
genre Drama/Fantasy
SpashleyInLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #12
kidneys

Re: Cutie Honey is a 3 part OVA made by Gainax, in the same animation style as FLCL or parts of Gurren Lagann. It's extremely fun to watch, by far my favourite of the Cutie Honey series I've seen. And it has a LOT of yuri subtext.

Devilman Lady (Description stolen from Wikipedia):
Jun Fudo is a beautiful supermodel who is idolized by many. She also has a dark secret that not even she knows about at first, for within her veins run the genes that hold the next step in the evolution of mankind. The same blood as the beastlike superhumans that terrorize the city. Unlike the rest of them, though, Jun has managed to hold a tenuous grip onto her humanity, and she is recruited by the mysterious Lan Asuka, member of a secret organization within the government, aimed at controlling, if not eliminating, these berserk destroyers of mankind. Jun, as Devilman Lady, must now exterminate her own kind, but how much longer can she keep her sanity in a situation she never chose in the first place?

Anyway, this is a great series and it's very much yuri, though the description doesn't sound like it. It's also very depressing though.
kidneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #13
Sora N
Welcome to the Dark Side

RIN ~Daughters of Mnemosyne~ (Horror/Supernatural/Sci-Fi/Mystery/Drama/Yuri/Ecchi) RIN shows a lot of extreme graphic violence; there is sex/lesbian sex, and a lot of torture/sexual torture... Even though it has all that it’s still a very interesting and intriguing OVA.

For more information go to ANN:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=8931

Old March 1st, 2010, 04:30 PM   #14
madoka odeko

Check the list at Wikipedia on yuri.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/yuri_(genre)
madoka odeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #15
SuperSailorMoon
Senshi of Sanctity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora N View Post
Yes, he was in touch with his 'feminine side' …however it’s different because she was a male to begin with…sorry, I feel that it was a 'cop-out' yuri series…(and before anyone asks... YES, I do like the show) however it would have been a true yuri series if ‘he’ had been a ‘she’ to being with...and like I said before some people may classify Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl as Yuri...however I do not.

I too think that Kashimashi-Girl Meets Girl is... a cop out too. Because the reason that he became a girl was... So that male watching the show does not feel left out. So that male can put himself in the show. And not feel excluded. And maybe rejected. It is like saying if I exist and I am male... And you reject me.... I 'll become male in a female body. Because the message that I think that at lest some of the male yuri shows are sending is... that guys hate to be excluded, rejected, unnecessary or unwanted... when it comes to yuri for men. They can handle and or don't want to see yuri where being lesbian is a legt life chose.
SuperSailorMoon is offline   Reply With Quote