AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Anime & Related Forums > Ask John

Ask John Post your burning questions about anime, the AnimeNation News, or the Ask John column.

Old May 25th, 2009, 01:57 PM   #1
toysoldieroz5

Icon14 What is a really good anime i could whatch??

What is a really good anime i could whatch??

has to be good

DEATHNOTE FOR THE WINS

CoDy Of Da FuNk
toysoldieroz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #2
Leader Desslock
I am Groot!

Whell, you could whatch Judge or perhaps M.D.Geist. Bhoth are classic titles that hevery anime fan should see.
Old May 25th, 2009, 05:53 PM   #3
anime____4ever
that's how i roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader Desslock View Post
Whell, you could whatch Judge or perhaps M.D.Geist. Bhoth are classic titles that hevery anime fan should see.
you're so cruel.
TOP 15 FAVORITE ANIME:Black Heaven, Sorcerer on the Rocks, 3x3 Eyes, Niea_7, Berserk, Dokuro Chan, Desert Punk, Samurai-X (oav), Saber Marionette J, Noein, Those Who Hunt Elves, Gokudo, Fruits Basket, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, Zipang
.....all are subject to change!!!
anime____4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #4
Arnold
Dude is now a lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader Desslock View Post
You could go with Odin: Starlight Mutiny too. Or Mad Bull 34, which is uncannily realistic in its depiction of the NYPD and the tough, hardcore streets they patrol.

- Sniper King theme, One Piece
My Avatar: Ash from Misfile
Anime watched in 2014: 31 (6 shows)
Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 08:43 AM   #5
Leader Desslock
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
Or Mad Bull 34, which is uncannily realistic in its depiction of the NYPD and the tough, hardcore streets they patrol.
For the gritty, day-to-day reality of police work, I preferred Miami Guns and Dominion Tank Police, but that's just a personal preference.
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:21 AM   #6
Ken-Ohki
馬鹿

I would suggest Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex and Second Gig. I've often told my friends that there is no better anime, there's anime I like more than Ghost in the Shell but there's nothing better that's been produced. I hope that's not too confusing but I do see a distinction.

It's like high art, like say Wild Strawberries, there's just about no film on earth that's better than it but I wouldn't sit down watching it all day.

WORSHIP THE COMIC
Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #7
thewayneiac
Bob, Dave & Nick

Well, there's lot of really good shows, and you don't say what you've already seen, but here goes:

1. Maison Ikkoku
2. Urusei Yatsura
3. Cardcaptor Sakura
4. Rozen Maiden
5. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumia
6. Angelic Layer
7. Neon Genesis Evangelion
8. Haibane Renmei
9. Princess Tutu
10. My HiME
Come and shout and sing, make the mountains ring
while our hearts beat high.Come and sing and shout.
Laugh and turn about while the flames reach the sky.
thewayneiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 10:13 PM   #8
old hat
I am Groot

Opinions vary a lot on what is a good anime.

You could watch Rozen Maiden.
Old May 29th, 2009, 01:40 PM   #9
KZK
Dark Evil

Trigun.
Cowboy Bebop.
Trigun.
When They Cry - Higurashi.
Trigun.
Trigun.
The Slayers.
Peach Girl.
Trigun.
Haibane-Renmei.
Shakugan no Shana.
Trigun.
Twelve Kingdoms.
Fate/Stay Night.
Trigun.
and Trigun.
Old May 29th, 2009, 07:48 PM   #10
superplough
in USSR curry eats ploff

My list of "Really good" anime

1. Dragon Ball z (inb4 it sucks)
2. Cardcaptor Sakura
3. Rozen Maiden
4. Azumanga Daioh
5. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
6. Code Geass
7. Digimon Adventure
8. Great Teacher Onizuka
9. One Piece
10. Beyblade

superplough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #11
Sion
Whatever happens. Happens.

Watch fullmetal alchemist. its so worth it
Sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2009, 09:19 AM   #12
Purple Madness
Lullabies to Paralyze

Doraemon

Tokyo Majin
If I knew I fell
Queens of the Stone Age - 'Leg of Lamb'.
Purple Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 07:21 PM   #13
ShadowfaxSTF
Proxy in Training

Haha, wow... well I'm afraid you asked such a generic question, it's hard to answer.

First of all, what animes have you watched already that you reallly really liked?

Looking at your posting history, I see Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, and DBZ...

...well unless there's any others you liked, here's some picks of the most famous (because they're fantastic) animes out there that I think you'd enjoy...

==========================

* Monster (Mystery Thriller / Dr. Tenma one day comes across a child and saves his life not knowing that he’s actually a monster. Unaware of his mistake, Dr. Tenma is about to be dragged into the worst set of serial murder cases to have ever been staged in Europe. / Possibly one of the best anime thrillers ever made. Great suspenseful story that'll keep you glued to the seat.)
* Seirei no Moribito (Fantasy Adventure / In the feudal kingdom of Yogo, a dark secret is threatening its proud imperial family, and the Emperor intends to destroy it before it leaks out. Unfortunately this dark secret resides within his son, the young and innocent Prince Chagum. Enter Balsa, a wandering warrior and bodyguard. Upon accepting her role as protector to Chagum, her the two begin a perilous journey, hiding from assassins and searching for the answers to their strange secret. / Very nice adventure story. And one of the nicest most graphically detailed animes you've ever seen. And for once, I found a fantastic show that's family friendly!)
* Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Sci-fi Adventure / Having lived their whole lives in a closed-off underground village, Kamina and Simon are determined to reach the surface world. But when Simon stumbles across a fantastic device - and a violent war machine breaks into the village - their journey to break out and live a new life has barely begun. / Might have ever cliche in the book, but this is a just plain fun adventure. And the story grows so epic!)
* Baccano! (Adventure... Thingy / This is story about a mysterious train incident. Basically, on the very same day, few different mafia gangs devise a plan to rob the train and its passengers of their belongings. But what if half of those "passengers" are either serial killers or members of horrendous vandal gangs, planning exactly the same thing as our mafia guys. All of it still sounds perfectly normal until the viewer realizes that some of these guys are immortal... / Okay, this story is weird. But it pulls it off in a pretty fun and interesting way. A lot of action, a lot of plot, good humor, good characters. Watch.)
* Paranoia Agent (Psychological Thriller / In present day Japan, emotionally cornered people are being attacked by a mysterious kid with a metal baseball bat. When two investigators are put on the trail of the street assailant, they slowly unravel the true nature of the attacks. / Certainly one of the best edge-of-your-seat thrillers, this opening premise gives you no idea just how unusual and fascinating the story becomes.)
* Cowboy Bebop (Comedy Drama Bit-o-Everything-Sci-fi / There is a new breed of bounty hunters, known as Cowboys, living a loose life, traveling between worlds, and hunting down the most wanted criminals. Two of the best (if unluckiest) of these folks are the owners of the good ship Bebop, Spike and Jet. / A creative, interesting, and very solid series. Just good all-around space action-adventure tale.)

Or some of my personal favorites...
* Crest of the Stars (Sci-Fi Adventure / Jinto, whose world was taken over by the Abh empire, meets a princess of the Abh Empire, Lafiel, whom he quickly befriends despite her cold exterior. When the both of them are shot down during a patrol flight, they are stranded on a planet controlled by the enemy. They have to work together in order to survive in this hostile territory. / Just a good ol' fashioned good adventure. It might have some dated animation but I wish there were more sci-fi tales this great.)
* Gintama (Action Comedy / Set in the Edo era, aliens have invaded and have ultimately taken over the world. They heavily influenced the day and age and implemented a sword ban on the 'samurai country' that leaves one carefree samurai in a dilemma. Gintama follows that certain samurai, Sakata Gintoki, as well as a huge cast of other characters in their daily lives and adventures... trying to pay the rent by "freelancing". / You like Bleach, you say? Well its main character looks to Ichigo as an inspiring hero, sort of. You'll see the similarities. Parodies and laughs and randomness galore.)
* xxxHOLiC (Mystical Fantasy-ish Drama / A kid who sees spirits (and is frequently attacked by them) goes to a strange woman to lose his powers. The price? He'll start working part-time at her strange shop. These are the events that happen to him there, and to the customers that buy from her. / Ah, I love this show. It has freaky artwork, but you quickly get used to it. The things the kid sees, the tales he gets caught up, the beautiful mystical atmosphere, and the life-lessons he and his friends learn along the way... a lot of shows have a good moral lesson, but this has dozens... and it pulls it off in a rather intelligent interesting way.)

If you want, just Google some more reviews of these shows. "Review [insert show here]". There's a few other fantastic series out there too. So hang around, you might learn about some other interesting ones at these forums!

Hope this helps.
ShadowfaxSTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 11:52 AM   #14
BeyonderZ
'Me'(o-_-)===O(x_x)'FUNi'

Haibane Renmei is my go to anime.
BeyonderZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 07:41 PM   #15
The Million Dollar Prons
Wild Like a Snorlax

MD Geist will blow your mind. Don't listen to it in Japanese though, the only proper way to watch Geist is in English.
The Million Dollar Prons is offline   Reply With Quote