AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Mature Discussion Forums > Yaoi/Yuri

Yaoi/Yuri Discuss expressions of homosexuality and same-sex love in anime. ADULT CONTENT.

Old May 9th, 2008, 12:19 PM   #1
ShanceChance
Sunny!

Hardcore yaoi manga - taking suggestions...

I'm going to a con soon (North American one) and I'm wondering if there's any yaoi manga that's worth picking up.

My tastes in yaoi are unusual. Most people seem to like "softcore", but I like stuff that is really hardcore. I like seeing as much of the lower body parts as possible (in a lot of yaoi, you only ever seem to see the chest and back), BDSM / fetishes / humiliation, rape, vulgar language (like "I'm going to put my [aaaaa] in your filthy [bbbbb] right now, you dirty little [ccccc]!"), the male bodily fluids, internal views (if there's any of that out there), and, well, I think you can get the idea. I don't mind blood, lots of sweat, pain, torture, or anything which makes most people squirm (I draw the line at guro, but I really doubt that it's even possible to find yaoi or gei manga with that even in Japan).

I also hate yaoi with guys who look exactly like girls. I don't like men who have ridiculous muscular proportions either. I like somewhere in the middle, if that even exists. I'm also not fond of a lot of the poetic and pretty language used in some yaoi, but I don't mind it to much if they do "get down to buisness".
ShanceChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 04:58 PM   #2
GokuMew2
Seiyuu/BL nut ♀

If you can find it (for a decent price), check out the Finder series by Yamane Ayano. It's OOP atm though so if you ever checked eBay, one volume can go for over $100. (And I suggest you DON'T pay ridiculous prices like that.)

the CROSS WITH YOU network - Nani ga ore wo konna ni atsuku saseru?
Hibiki, a Dear Girl ~Stories~ fansite
GokuMew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #3
Manafairy
God, just shut up already

You might enjoy some of Shuiko Kano's stuff. I'm Not your Stepping Stone in particular surprised me with how explicit it was. It isn't particularly kinky (Although you'll see a lot of 69), but it doesn't spare any details either. If you end up checking that one out and enjoying it, you'd probably also like Maybe I'm Your Stepping Stone and Play Boy Blues and, possibly her other works as well (Those are the only three I've read though, so they're the only three I can personally recommend. I'm not your Stepping Stone is easily the most graphic of the three though). On a side note, I just want to add that her art does, indeed, look better inside the books then it does on the cover, in case that was somewhat of a concern for you, so it helps the fact that nothing is left to the imagination.

I have to second anything Yamane Ayano, as the Finder Series (if you can find it at a decent price) is awesomely hot. A Foreign Love Affair (aka: Ikoku Irokoi Romantan) and Crimson Spell are also pretty damn sexy, with the latter even having a tentacle/plant monster (something clearly far too rare in yaoi). Her art is some of the best I've seen in manga and she can also write an engaging story, as an added bonus. Her stuff isn't quite as extreme as some of Shuiko Kano's stuff, but it's graphic enough, generally more kinky, and just oozes an insane amount of sexuality.

Scandalous Seiryo University is both cracktastic and shameless, making it both a really enjoyable read and a pretty hot one. It's easily the most fun yaoi story I've read this side of Poison Cherry Drive, so if you don't mind more humor than angst on occasion, I very highly recommend it. In terms of graphic content, it's more graphic than Yamane Ayano's stuff generally is, more kinky than Shuiko Kano's stuff, and its sexiness falls somewhere in between.

And that's all I can think to mention off hand. All of these fortunately have men that are very easily distinguishable as men, with Shuiko Kano's men being the most masculine, the Scandalous Seiryo University men being the most bishounen (but still very obviously male, just for the record), and Yamane Ayano's men exhibiting the best of both worlds. Naturally, none of these suffer from cones-of-light syndrome, so you should be okay with any of them

"What's this Darkness you keep going on about?"
"I'll try and put it in idiot's terms. Have you seen Star Wars?"
"Well... Yes..."
"The Darkness is the force on crack." ~ Jenny and Sonatine (The Darkness)

Current avatar: Klavier Gavin (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney)
Nyan! Artness :P

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
Manafairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2008, 07:32 PM   #4
GokuMew2
Seiyuu/BL nut ♀

Ahh~ Kano Shiuko~ No shortage of bodily fluids there. I recommend P.B.B. (Play Boy Blues). Love Junsuke and Shinobu. .^^

the CROSS WITH YOU network - Nani ga ore wo konna ni atsuku saseru?
Hibiki, a Dear Girl ~Stories~ fansite
GokuMew2 is offline   Reply With Quote