AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Anime & Related Forums > Manga

Manga All things related to Japanese comics and graphic novels.

Old September 10th, 2007, 12:53 PM   #1
Gibb
アサギ

Imperial Boy

Animenation doesn't really have a forum for "Artwork from Professional Artists" and since this is not fanart I didn't want to put it in that forum.

Anyway, Imperial Boy put a couple of super high resolution cityscape images on his website. I absolutely love these images because he makes his cityscapes so interesting, and I'm always finding something new when I look at them. I usually set them as my wallpapers and everyday I see something different.

Anyway here are some links:

Imperial Boy's Website

Cityscape with train at dusk (1024x768)

Massive Cityscape during the day (2800x1600) (1400x800)

Massive Cityscape at night (2800x1600) (1400x800)

For those of you who don't know who Imperial Boy is, he's just an artist who I first learned about from the ROBOT Comic Anthologies. He's been in most of the ROBOT volumes except the first one I think. His cityscapes and backgrounds are incredibly awesome, but his chararacter designs are kind of hit or miss in my opinion.

Gibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #2
Kueng

Yeah, I really love Imperial Boy's cityscapes. I first found out about this artist from 4chan, of all places. I've been meaning to buy the ROBOT Anthologies, I guess when ever I have the extra money.
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:45 PM   #3
Gasaraki
hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibb View Post

For those of you who don't know who Imperial Boy is, he's just an artist who I first learned about from the ROBOT Comic Anthologies. He's been in most of the ROBOT volumes except the first one I think. His cityscapes and backgrounds are incredibly awesome, but his chararacter designs are kind of hit or miss in my opinion.
He was in the first ROBOT too. Also, I like his character design as far as clothes n stuff go but the actual poeple are an afterthought.

The only anime I know he was involved in is Kiba, but that was pretty ugly, I'm not sure if he did all the designs or JUST the characters, in which case I'd say that's a good example of a miss =/

Anyway his cityscape scenes are always the most amazing. As you of course know =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kueng View Post
Yeah, I really love Imperial Boy's cityscapes. I first found out about this artist from 4chan, of all places. I've been meaning to buy the ROBOT Anthologies, I guess when ever I have the extra money.
It' not that unusual. Although people think 4chan = /b/, the other forums ARE actually pretty good for finding artist info n such, even if just randomly.
Gasaraki is offline   Reply With Quote