AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Anime & Related Forums > Anime (Genre/Series/Studio) > Super Robot/Mecha

Old December 5th, 2007, 01:19 PM   #61
evilhead008

Do Angels from Evangelion count?

Ireul/Leleil/Bardiel...

Is there a chance someone is actually going to make a comic/animated short/random storyline etc. about this?
evilhead008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2007, 03:35 PM   #62
Vaikyuko
Once and Final King

No, Angels don't count. Nothing in Eva should except for Jet Alone, because it's the only actual robot.

And the crossover stuff has been made. Look up Super Robot Wars.

"The agriculture ministry is not in charge of Gundam," ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura said.
Vaikyuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2007, 10:45 PM   #63
CrossboneGundam
Immortal Mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhead008 View Post
Do Angels from Evangelion count?

Ireul/Leleil/Bardiel...

Is there a chance someone is actually going to make a comic/animated short/random storyline etc. about this?
No, neither do Evangelions, and pay attention to the thread, plenty of the robots already mentioned totally outclass anything comprehensible in evangelion's world.

And in case you didn't notice, every angel that appeared was defeated, so what's even the reasoning behind this post?
CrossboneGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 08:57 AM   #64
Caster13
You can't spell pimp without imp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley-X4 View Post
Genesic GaoGaiGar. GGGG /w/ Goldion Crusher >>>> TTGL

GOOOOOLDIIOOONN CRUSHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! HIKARI NI NAAAAAAREEEEE!!!
you rock.
Old December 9th, 2007, 02:30 PM   #65
Grand Zamboa
#1 Nono Fan

Me and a couple of other guys came to the conclusion that any enemy to the TTGL could, at best, match it's power, as, what with it's time/space altering powers, it is literally impossible to beat TTGL.

Basically, anything that can alter time/space cannot be defeated, even if it's opponent can alter time/space. It would just end in stalemate.
Grand Zamboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 02:45 PM   #66
Caster13

^what are you talking about? i dont recall this in the series at all.
Old December 9th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #67
Grand Zamboa
#1 Nono Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
Didn't the CGGL have the power to attack any weakpoints in time/space, or basically 'alter time/space'? I would've thought TTGL would have the same powers but much stronger.

Or at least that's the conclusion me and some friends came to, it's not necessarily fact within the series.
Old December 9th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #68
Talon
Burn My Dread

Quote:
It happens 2 or 3 times in the series. I know Gurren-Lagann and Dai-Gurren-Lagann do it but I'm not sure if TTGL does it.

Also, how can you not remember the space time level punch and "CLENCH THOSE TEETH!"?
"Although he may have some emotional issues to work out, I KNOW that satan use this evangelion series to mess with his mind and to confuse him in his faith. To those who think it is good -- Beware! It is darkness. It blinds even clear thinking, Christian kids."
- A concerned mother
^ROFLMAO^
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 03:07 PM   #69
Caster13

oh yea!

your right, Gurren Lagann wins. if everyone had Spiral Power, TTGL would be unbeatable. only three people (well, two PEOPLE) had spiral power there. Simon, Boota, and Lord Genome.............oh my g.. i just realized that his name is just plain corny. Genome = DNA = double HELIX = HELIX KING.

somebody get a bunch of facepalm pictures in here.
Old December 9th, 2007, 03:14 PM   #70
Grand Zamboa
#1 Nono Fan

Quote:
oh yea!

your right, Gurren Lagann wins. if everyone had Spiral Power, TTGL would be unbeatable. only three people (well, two PEOPLE) had spiral power there. Simon, Boota, and Lord Genome.............oh my g.. i just realized that his name is just plain corny. Genome = DNA = double HELIX = HELIX KING.

somebody get a bunch of facepalm pictures in here.
I'm pretty sure Sybela, Attenborough, Tetsukan, Gimmy, Darry, Leeron, Reite, Dayakka and Nia all had spiral power too. I'm pretty sure all beings that have the ability to evolve have it, so only Viral out of all of TTGLs pilots would have no spiral power.

Oh, and:

Thymilph - Thymine
Adine - Adenine
Cytomander - Cytonine
Guame - Guamine

AKA the 4 chemicals that make up DNA.
Old December 9th, 2007, 03:35 PM   #71
Sushikins
Rydia of the Vipers

I'd come to the conclusion that TTGL could theoretically defeat any enemy, given how many times the pilots pull off impossible odds, they'd just have to do it again against the likes of Ideon, etc. It also has a rather massive size-advantage, though that doesn't always mean much, as even small super robots can pack a powerful punch (Buster Machine 7, Mazinkaiser, etc.)
Currently Watching: Kill la Kill
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X|V | Hatsune Miku Project Diva F | Bravely Default Demo
Sushikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 05:05 PM   #72
Vaikyuko
Once and Final King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Zamboa View Post
Thymilph - Thymine
Adine - Adenine
Cytomander - Cytonine
Guame - Guamine

AKA the 4 chemicals that make up DNA.
Yeah, I pointed that out when TTGL was airing. It's cytosine, though, not cytonine. And they're not chemicals, they're...whatever, too technical, I guess, since it means nothing, really.

@Sushi: Going to have to disagree. You're thinking of it purely in narrative form. The Anti-Spirals

So had they been smart about it, I'm sure that they could have won. On top of that, Ideon can beat anything because it can blow up the universe whenever it wants. The TTGL squad can only do so much, while Ideon could just blow the universe up before they even reach it physically.

"The agriculture ministry is not in charge of Gundam," ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura said.
Old December 9th, 2007, 06:23 PM   #73
Sushikins
Rydia of the Vipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
I'd actually say Lagann is the strongest since it can just gattai with anything it feels like gattai'ing with. But if thats not allowed then definitely Ideon. Although, if TT:GL can resist the big bang than who's to say that it couldn't resist the Ideon gun? It would just need to kick reason and logic a little bit farther than it usually does.
Putting all Ideon vs. TTGL aside, I demand this be an ability of the Lagann in an SRW game...it would be too awesome to combine the Lagann with any mecha you felt like. I doubt it would happen, but I can dream. Genesic GaoGaiLagann, MazinLagann, etc.
Currently Watching: Kill la Kill
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X|V | Hatsune Miku Project Diva F | Bravely Default Demo
Sushikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 07:31 PM   #74
Vaikyuko
Once and Final King

Dude, Razengan-Lagann and Enkidu-Lagann.

Then we'll have Ideo-Lagann doing 9999 damage with a kick. You don't want to know what the other moves do.

Old December 10th, 2007, 07:49 AM   #75
Caster13

@ Grand Zamboa. i love Attenborough. crazy and trigger happy like no tomorrow, but that guy is awesome.

Attenborough having control of the Ideon Gun.