AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Anime & Related Forums > Anime (Genre/Series/Studio) > Super Robot/Mecha

Old November 20th, 2007, 02:24 PM   #46
Westlo
Banned

It wiped out earth CitizenGeek... how weak.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:39 PM   #47
Talon
Burn My Dread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenGeek View Post
Unit01 is the best super robot!
lol @ your puny single planet destroying robots when we've got universe destroying ones.

I'd actually say Lagann is the strongest since it can just gattai with anything it feels like gattai'ing with. But if thats not allowed then definitely Ideon. Although, if TT:GL can resist the big bang than who's to say that it couldn't resist the Ideon gun? It would just need to kick reason and logic a little bit farther than it usually does.
"Although he may have some emotional issues to work out, I KNOW that satan use this evangelion series to mess with his mind and to confuse him in his faith. To those who think it is good -- Beware! It is darkness. It blinds even clear thinking, Christian kids."
- A concerned mother
^ROFLMAO^
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2007, 03:27 PM   #48
ToyMachinist_86

Doraemon wins. he can pull anything out of that damn pocket, so it stands to reason he has something that can destroy multiple universes in there.
ToyMachinist_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #49
Vaikyuko
Once and Final King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
lol @ your puny single planet destroying robots when we've got universe destroying ones.

I'd actually say Lagann is the strongest since it can just gattai with anything it feels like gattai'ing with. But if thats not allowed then definitely Ideon. Although, if TT:GL can resist the big bang than who's to say that it couldn't resist the Ideon gun? It would just need to kick reason and logic a little bit farther than it usually does.

Ideo-Lagann.

OH SHI--

"The agriculture ministry is not in charge of Gundam," ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura said.
Vaikyuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 11:23 AM   #50
Caster13
You can't spell pimp without imp.

I declare this a TTGL vs Ideon thread.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 10:30 AM   #51
psyche69

Voltron Defender of The Universe...for me Voltron is the strongest....of coarse others have their own bet...
psyche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 09:42 AM   #52
Caster13

actually the right name is GoLion. Voltron was a massively butchered American version of GoLion. i await the day when GoLion comes out on DVD. ill buy it ASAP.
Old November 30th, 2007, 11:03 AM   #53
psyche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
actually the right name is GoLion. Voltron was a massively butchered American version of GoLion. i await the day when GoLion comes out on DVD. ill buy it ASAP.
Right Golion is a Japanese anime series which Voltron was based...I want to have a Golion DVD too...
psyche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 10:18 AM   #54
Mr March
On an Information High

The Jagd Mirage (The Green Demon) Mortar Headd from the Manga/Anime Five Star Stories is quite insane. I guess it would only be considered a planet buster within the classifications of this thread, but I think ultimately that's selling it short. The large number of weapons, defensive options and especially it's vast combat capabilities from long range all the way down to hand-to-hand is one very impressive package.

Last edited by Mr March; December 1st, 2007 at 10:21 AM.
Mr March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 11:20 AM   #55
Caster13

any mech on a big scale is not going to be made for a very long time. the technology just doesnt exist. but there might be some type of invention in the future that changes that, or an Einstein of robotics, who knows. other than that there would be human sized suits like Bubblegum Crisis, which are being worked on. the first actual mechs to be used would be something on Tachikoma scale.
Old December 1st, 2007, 03:00 PM   #56
Vaikyuko
Once and Final King

No offense, Kenpachi, but what the hell are you talking about? That's completely irrelevant and I doubt anyone cares.

@March: The FSS mecha are pretty ridiculous (I love how their power output is listed as horsepower), but none of them are beyond planet buster status, AFAIK. Good addition though.

"The agriculture ministry is not in charge of Gundam," ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura said.
Old December 1st, 2007, 04:49 PM   #57
Mr March
On an Information High

Treize X Magamin
Hahaha, yeah the use of those units is odd. But I suppose rather than just a few thousand kilo/mega/tera watts, it sounds more impressive to say 3.3 trillion horsepower. There is also the fact that Five Star Stories is a fantasy/sci-fi story, so the use of olden terminology in a more medieval-style setting does tend to work better.

I'm not a super robot fan at all and tend to stick to the real robot genre. When I read this thread, it was a struggle to rank mecha from Macross, Gundam, Evangelion, Five Star Stories, Patlabor, etc that could even remotely compare to the pantheon of anime super robots. Best I could come up with was a Mortar Headd, but like you said, their power level is planet-buster at best

It's like those comic book debate threads where fans are hurling cosmic entities at each other. In the midst of Galactus versus The Spectre I come in saying "Well, I like X-Men" and everyone groans
Old December 1st, 2007, 05:57 PM   #58
Vaikyuko
Once and Final King

Oh god, that post was epic win <-- not sarcastic. Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, too. On a side note, since I dropped out of following FSS quite a while back, was Vatshu ever destroyed/beaten by the lead's gold frame (forgot the name...)? Same with Led Mirage.

Old December 2nd, 2007, 05:38 AM   #59
Mr March
On an Information High

Treize X Magamin
I'm actually just getting into FSS. Just got a hold of the first manga the other day. Most of my knowledge so far is from the mecha profiles for FSS at gearsonline.net. So I'm yet to become well versed.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 06:43 AM   #60
Ridley-X4
No.

Genesic GaoGaiGar. GGGG /w/ Goldion Crusher >>>> TTGL

GOOOOOLDIIOOONN CRUSHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! HIKARI NI NAAAAAAREEEEE!!!