AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Anime & Related Forums > Anime (Genre/Series/Studio) > Super Robot/Mecha

Old August 5th, 2007, 12:44 PM   #61
Gasaraki
hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treize X Magamin View Post
How can you not like any of them when you haven't seen one on the list? Also, did you finish the other two, or just watch halfway? Ideon can be tough to get into, but G Gundam is worse because it starts out feeling rather episodic and almost monster of the weekish, but then ramps up into sex on a (NOT SOLUZAR) biscuit. >.>

Giant Robo is pretty good, Dangaioh I know nothing of. Explain?
I've seen ALL of G Gundam, and I thought it was pretty meh. I only saw some of Ideon. Either way my point was just that I dont' see how those are like the absolute definitive super robot shows

Dangaioh's an 80's Mecha anime that absolutely rocked. Only problem is the only US version is from Manga Ent. and the DVD only has english language on it =/

Last edited by Gasaraki; August 5th, 2007 at 12:49 PM.
Gasaraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 01:17 PM   #62
Vaikyuko
Once and Final King

Never said they were definitive, I said if you don't like them you're not human. XD

In any case, if you finish Ideon, you'll see why it's so awesome. The ending is superb.

"The agriculture ministry is not in charge of Gundam," ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura said.
Vaikyuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 07:24 PM   #63
J Dude
I'd Hit That!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lav2k4 View Post
If more people actually bought GGG, then FINAL would have a really good chance of being licensed. I know I have no room to talk because I didn't start buying it yet, but i'm just saying.
I know exactly what you mean, but I'm sure if even I were to support the release in hopes of GGG Final getting licensed, one person usually doesn't make a difference when it comes to something like that and a lot of people would have to be buying GGG, which I'm sure isn't happening unfortunately.
Old August 5th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #64
lav2k4
Tensai

Will see. Only time will tell if the sales go up. I wonder how MB will release the rest of the series. Increase the episode count? Finish with collections? or just continue the way they were doing it before.
lav2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 04:33 AM   #65
Vaikyuko
Once and Final King

I'm just waiting until it's all released. I just don't like buying incomplete series that I'm unsure of (production-wise, I mean. For a long time we thought it was asically on hiatus). I'll buy it without Final, if need be, but I will definitely buy Final as well if it releases.

"The agriculture ministry is not in charge of Gundam," ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura said.
Vaikyuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 05:50 PM   #66
Hisoka
*Throws*

The chances of getting GGG Final are increased if people who like GGG actually buy the DVDs. It's on hiatus, but they expressed that all of it would be released in due time. That's how things work and is the main reason why companies don't license every little bit until it's know how well it's going to sell. One person will change little, but if everyone thinks this same way (which seems to be the case) than nothing can be done. I agree that they made a mistake and collections would have been much more appealing to me and just about everyone. Hopefully when it does return they think over the situation and observe that collections the rest of the way would be best.
Old August 10th, 2007, 07:29 PM   #67
demecowen
old school, mecha style

Icer One- Oh man it felt like the dub cast was taken from off the street and the people only read it once.

Geneshaft - one the ugliest mecha I seen, and storyline just dissolved at the end.

As for gundam seed -I have no respect for it, it ripped off the from not only the UC series, but almost every other form of gundam shows mesh it altogether hoping it turn into gold but ball of crap instead.
Old August 10th, 2007, 08:27 PM   #68
CrossboneGundam
Immortal Mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Dude View Post
I know exactly what you mean, but I'm sure if even I were to support the release in hopes of GGG Final getting licensed, one person usually doesn't make a difference when it comes to something like that and a lot of people would have to be buying GGG, which I'm sure isn't happening unfortunately.
And that's what all the other people who just download GGG instead of buying it say to themselves. Thanks for wussing out.

I, on the other hand, am expecting two newly purchased GGG DVDs in the mail to arrive within the next week. LET THE MARKET DECIDE.
CrossboneGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 08:53 PM   #69
J Dude
I'd Hit That!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossboneGundam View Post
Thanks for wussing out.
I'm glad you care.
Old August 13th, 2007, 11:30 PM   #70
KT Kore
Who ate all the gabagool?

Platinumhugen Ordian is by far the worst mecha anime I have ever seen. As a matter of fact, it's the worst anime I have ever seen, period.

I really wish that I could tell you about the plot, but this "plot" makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I actually seriously think that this isn't the case of some of the worst writing ever known to man, but I think this was done rather purposely. For some reasons probably even unknown to God, these people decided to intentionally put together the most confusing, nonsensical plot that could ever be created. Watching this, I could tell you that I know for a fact that making sense was the last thing on their minds as they sat at the production meeting table. I wish I could have been there just to see what the HELL they were thinking when they came up with this show.
Old August 15th, 2007, 12:55 PM   #71
Brill
Shadowstalker

Although I haven't seen many mecha shows-only started seeing Kannazuki- I have to say the worst show that made almost no sense was Gravion. An unfavorable mention also need to goto Geneshaft.
Old September 7th, 2007, 09:20 PM   #72
Sarky
I am not amused.

The obvious ... Gundam WING, Gundam SEED, Gundam SEED Destiny and G-Gundam. All 4 of these Gundam series were just utter failures, story and content wise.

The shocking ... Full Metal Panic! The GONZO directed-into-failure series. Terrible looking mechs, god those were ugly. The story was alright. To be perfectly honest. Thank goodness KyoAni handled Fumoffu and 2nd Raid. I don't think I would've gotten interested. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Sidenote, Kannazuki no Miko was so bad, it was good. That's why I liked it. Also, the twist near the end was pretty cool and pretty much made me overlook quite a bit.
Old September 7th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #73
J Dude
I'd Hit That!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarky View Post
and G-Gundam. these Gundam series were just utter failures, story and content wise.
You know, I'd love to ask you why you think G Gundam was a failure, but you just might get angry and start yelling at me for asking for a detailed explanation for your opinion, like somehow I hurt your feelings. If KnM was so bad to you that it somehow was good, then I guess you really should like the four Gundam series you said were failures then, because ya know.... I guess they're so bad, that they're good, right? I love you Sarky... really. Ya know why? Because you're free from all logic. Logic... is for pussies!

Last edited by J Dude; September 7th, 2007 at 09:35 PM.
J Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 09:46 PM   #74
Hara!
vs. The World

The lack of SD Gundam in this thread is frightening.
Hara! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 11:24 PM   #75
Levo
Savior of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by corncopp6 View Post
The lack of SD Gundam in this thread is frightening.
Because the real SD Gundam rules and we don't count that kids CGI version

"To hell with your opinion!" - Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
Levo is offline   Reply With Quote