AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Anime & Related Forums > Anime (Genre/Series/Studio) > Super Robot/Mecha

Old July 30th, 2007, 01:14 AM   #16
Phantom
Hands off!

Hey i enjoyed the zone of the enders games, sure the whole destroying the earth thing in the second game was lame but apart from that its still enjoyable gameplay.

Worse for me at this point would be gundam 0083. The characters (The main ones anyway apart from gato) are just all so very stupid. You wouldn't think they were in a war. I have only seen the first two disks but i have been told that the series gets worse nare the end. Did anyone not find it funny when the main guy helped that zeon soldier build his mobile suit, your in the amry! You do not help someone build a mobile suit unless they are on your side. I seem to remember that he even knew he was a zeon soldier.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 01:36 AM   #17
VidelCoolGirl
Original Alpha Female

lol @ Lurking.

Kannazuki No Miko. Nuff said.
Old July 30th, 2007, 01:38 AM   #18
Levo
Savior of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Worse for me at this point would be gundam 0083. The characters (The main ones anyway apart from gato) are just all so very stupid. You wouldn't think they were in a war. I have only seen the first two disks but i have been told that the series gets worse nare the end. Did anyone not find it funny when the main guy helped that zeon soldier build his mobile suit, your in the amry! You do not help someone build a mobile suit unless they are on your side. I seem to remember that he even knew he was a zeon soldier.
I thought 0083 was good. Come on, there are much MUCH worse mecha anime unless the amount of mecha you've seen is very low.

"To hell with your opinion!" - Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
Levo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 03:43 AM   #19
Phantom
Hands off!

Maybe its just worse when placed next to the others gundams but thats all that comes to mind. I don't count super robot animes as i don't consider them true mecha animes, if i did then one of them would be the worse im sure.
Old July 30th, 2007, 05:45 AM   #20
J Dude
I'd Hit That!

I thought Gundam 0083 was a lot better than Gundam SEED Destiny. I even thought Gundam F91, which wouldn't have been so mediocre if it wasn't just a movie, was better than Gundam SEED Destiny, and I think 0083 was better than both, even though 0083 has the problem that Kou Uraki isn't likeable and the show has the whole plot hole involving Nina & Gato near the end. I'm guessing you haven't seen Gundam SEED Destiny Phantom? Hell! Even Gundam Wing was better than SEED Destiny. To put it simply, there is worse Gundam out there than 0083 in my opinion, which really wasn't all that bad. A super robot show is still a mecha anime by the way. Even if you want to think that it isn't somehow a "true" mecha show.

Last edited by J Dude; July 30th, 2007 at 05:48 AM.
J Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:58 AM   #21
Phantom
Hands off!

Im watching Gundam SEED Destiny right now and as far in as i am i don't see any real prolems with the show at this point. Sure it doesn't have the story of a UC gundam and all of the characters are kind of the same in that they all want the fighting to stop but im enjoying it much more then gundam wing even thought i liked it the first time i watched it.
Old July 30th, 2007, 07:04 AM   #22
J Dude
I'd Hit That!

Quote:
Im watching Gundam SEED Destiny right now and as far in as i am i don't see any real prolems with the show at this point. Sure it doesn't have the story of a UC gundam and all of the characters are kind of the same in that they all want the fighting to stop but im enjoying it much more then gundam wing even thought i liked it the first time i watched it.
Well... hopefully by the time you finish the show, you'll see why it's such a bad show. The show had too much angst and emo for my taste, thank you Shinn for that, and it really starts to go downhill once Kira shows up again. Fukuda is pretty much to blame for the show going down the pooper. He takes the spotlight off Shinn and gives it to Kira & Athrun. He also throws in pairings later on out of nowhere. Somehow Shinn & Lunamaria are a couple later on without anything happening before and the director just decides to break up Cagalli & Athrun, which also just came out of nowhere and was stupid. It's like Fukuda just didn't know what direction he wanted to take the show in and just left us with a rushed ending and a very bad show. I'd say if after the halfway point of the show, that you're still liking it, then something might be wrong. There's just so much more I could go on about why the show failed hard, like Shinn being Dullindal's lapdog, but it's just been discussed so much in the past that I really don't want to anymore. It would just be better off rotting away in a bottomless pit.

Last edited by J Dude; July 30th, 2007 at 07:14 AM.
Old July 30th, 2007, 07:30 AM   #23
Levo
Savior of the Universe

Quote:
How far are you?

"To hell with your opinion!" - Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
Levo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 08:21 AM   #24
Hisoka
*Throws*

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Dude View Post
Well... hopefully by the time you finish the show, you'll see why it's such a bad show.
Wouldn't it be better if he turned out the like it instead? I'll probably never watch Destiny because everybody else has ruined any glimmer of it being watchable with the constant obsessive bashing. For a show that apparently sucks it sure is the topic of detailed conversations quite a bit. My point is that no matter how bad a show is considered I'd rather end up liking it instead. I'm at the point where I want to puke anytime I hear about it because it's such a defensive topic. Those who hate it want others to hate it with them and those who like it aren't supposed to? That's what I've gathered but I by no means want to turn this into a Destiny thread. No, it doesn't look or sound like a good show but sometimes it's best to move on.

0083 is one of the weakest Gundam series as far as I'm concerned but it wasn't bad and shouldn't be on any worst ever lists. Unless it's actually the worst one you've seen which you should be glad is the case.
Old July 30th, 2007, 08:45 AM   #25
J Dude
I'd Hit That!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka View Post
Wouldn't it be better if he turned out the like it instead?
Maybe for the sake of amusement it would. I see where you're coming from though. After all, it's always better to enjoy something than dislike it. I just don't see that happening with that show, unless you're someone crazy like a certain someone who couldn't type any better than probably a preschooler and thought Zeta Gundam had horrible animation, while SEED/SEED Destiny had great animation.

Last edited by J Dude; July 30th, 2007 at 08:48 AM.
Old July 30th, 2007, 10:37 AM   #26
tenshi_a
The beginning of a fantastic story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka View Post
Those who hate it want others to hate it with them and those who like it aren't supposed to?
I noticed that too. It's very odd. I've never seen quite such an... anti-fan following before. So much pride in so much hatred. I don't like the kind of person who would revel in spreading hatred in others in any form. It's an ugly kind of sport.

A similar gathering of hatred happens for Gundam Wing. But I'm not sure it's quite as strong.

In other news... it might not be the worst mecha series I've ever seen, but I really disliked the Escaflowne retelling in the movie version. It was because they had really messed up the personalities of all the characters I'd previously really liked. It's one of the few cases where I was actually angry after watching.
tenshi_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 10:40 AM   #27
Sushikins
Rydia of the Vipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshi_a View Post
I noticed that too. It's very odd. I've never seen quite such an... anti-fan following before. So much pride in so much hatred. I don't like the kind of person who would revel in spreading hatred in others in any form. It's an ugly kind of sport.

A similar gathering of hatred happens for Gundam Wing. But I'm not sure it's quite as strong.
That's something I've noticed with Gundam fans in general, if they find somebody who likes Wing or GSD, they get into a fight with them over why they can't possibly like it and shouldn't. Basically, if you like Wing or GSD, you aren't qualified to like the Gundam series, is what I take away from the stupid arguments. I say, let people watch what they watch, if they like it, so what, doesn't mean you have to.

Most of the people I talk to online find Brain Powered to be a horrible show, but I like it, and they don't care that I do or try to tell me that I'm wrong for liking it.
Currently Watching: Kill la Kill
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X|V | Hatsune Miku Project Diva F | Bravely Default Demo

Last edited by Sushikins; July 30th, 2007 at 10:43 AM.
Sushikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 10:45 AM   #28
tenshi_a
The beginning of a fantastic story!

[sigh]

Yeah, that's what I seem to have observed too. I think they'd probably prefer me not liking any Gundam series at all than liking either Gundam Seed Destiny or Gundam Wing...
tenshi_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #29
Phantom
Hands off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levon View Post
How far are you?
Im at the part were they have just destroyed the laser cannon mounted in the hillside overlooking the town. I don't see why people dislike it so much, maybe because you enjoyed gundam seed and hate the fact that they made a weaker series just to milk money out of people. Hey maybe your right about it but i can't see how things can get so bad that you would hate it. I don't think i hate any anime come to think of it but i do strongly dislike a few.

The reason why i don't consider super robot anime as mecha anime is because for the most part it is very shallow plot wise and is only there for the action. Not that theres anything wrong with that as i enjoy a few of them but whats the point of bring them into topics like this as no super robot anime can hold up to even the weakest of gundam shows.
Old July 30th, 2007, 11:32 AM   #30
Hisoka
*Throws*

It would make for an interesting study.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-X View Post
Most of the people I talk to online find Brain Powered to be a horrible show, but I like it, and they don't care that I do or try to tell me that I'm wrong for liking it.
That's a good example because Brain Powered is disliked by many, myself included but there are those who do enjoy it. Though I generally do, I've been putting in more effort lately to respect opinions that differ from mine. As long as someone isn't spouting out nonsense they should be able to like or dislike whatever they choose without being second guessed. We all have room for improvement in this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Dude View Post
unless you're someone crazy like a certain someone who couldn't type any better than probably a preschooler and thought Zeta Gundam had horrible animation, while SEED/SEED Destiny had great animation.
Your post was good until you edited it. Now you've left me no other choice.