AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Anime & Related Forums > Anime (Genre/Series/Studio) > Super Robot/Mecha

Old July 13th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #136
CanisWolfred
Big Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryvius View Post
It also boils my piss that basically, we got Victory instead of a F91 series, which very well could have been incredible stuff. Terrible.
I definitely agree with this. I don't hate Victory Gundam, but I do feel that we could've done without it, and F91 definitely had the potential to be a great show.

Arooo~
CanisWolfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #137
Levo
Savior of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryvius View Post
It seems like Tomino is very outspoken against Victory and hates it. He clearly didn't want to work on it at the time from what many sources say, and so I will say in a weird sense to me, he succeeded at what he wanted to do with Victory... made it terrible. Success!
Some directors are extremely eccentric about their work. Tezuka got sick of working on Astro Boy just like Tomino gets sick of Gundam. Tezuka said this about Astro Boy, "I personally consider it one of my worst works I've done. I only did it for the exposure & money." I don't judge based on what the directors opinion is.

Tomino bashes Victory but says nothing about Brain Powered? I think he was just sick of Gundam and had such a hard time making it that he hates it. As we know he didn't come back to making a Gundam anime until Turn A.

I loved V Gundam myself, a [mostly] serious war story that involves children that I found extremely emotional. My only complaint was the construction of the first episodes, that was a horrible idea.

"To hell with your opinion!" - Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)

Last edited by Levo; July 13th, 2011 at 06:23 PM.
Levo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #138
Ryvius
Rising Phoenix

Well yeah that happens a lot, he didn't even want to do Zeta from the beginning. Nonetheless it's just one of my silly attempts to legitimately bash Victory.

Also, it's hard to focus with your avatar. lol
Ryvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #139
Levo
Savior of the Universe

Why do directors love to voice their opinion and bash things? Miyazaki bashes modern animation, video games, moe, iPads, etc.

As for Tomino: "I think that video games are evil"

Just shut up and make your damn robot anime! Doesn't Tomino not peculiarity watch & even like mecha anime outside some of his own? Odd man but I love his work...besides Brain Powered. That show is painfully to watch.

Dancing girl in an infinite loop is hypnotic. I'll lose track of hours starring at it.

Old July 13th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #140
old hat
Cute little monster girl

Yumeria. If Kannazuki no Miko counts, so does this. It's a stupid, incoherent, pervy, ridiculous show.
Avatar - Enju Aihara (Black Bullet)
old hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 07:27 PM   #141
Ryvius
Rising Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levon View Post
Why do directors love to voice their opinion and bash things? Miyazaki bashes modern animation, video games, moe, iPads, etc.

As for Tomino: "I think that video games are evil"

Just shut up and make your damn robot anime! Doesn't Tomino not peculiarity watch & even like mecha anime outside some of his own? Odd man but I love his work...besides Brain Powered. That show is painfully to watch.

Dancing girl in an infinite loop is hypnotic. I'll lose track of hours starring at it.
Yeah I actually hear the very same about Miyazaki, both him and Tomino are among the "cranky" oldies that supposedly almost refuse to watch anything outside of their own work. I wonder if Tomino at least watched some 90's Gundam though, since he gave Imagawa the torch for G, and then wanted to bring all the shows up to that point together with Turn A (even though it wasn't a huge deal I guess in the grand scheme of things, if you've seen the series it's not like that aspect had much merit).

Ryosuke Takahashi sounds so much more down to Earth and nicer, lol. When you see some modern pictures of Miyazaki or Tomino they don't look very approachable at all, but Ryosuke just looks awesome. I hear he is an insane Japanese Nationalist though, haha. With shows like Gasaraki though I guess you can go figure. But his 80's works are the best in my book, Votoms, Layzner, Dougram, so good, Galient was cool as well. He got a little crazy with the politics after the 80's ...
Old July 14th, 2011, 01:47 AM   #142
KatayokuのTenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg View Post
Pretty much every non-UC, non-Tomino Gundam series. I saw G Gundam and I was like, What the heck do they think they're doing to Gundam! Stop it now!
Ha ha, silly me I must have misread, I thought you said...

Quote:
G Gundam
...I don't understand.
Old July 14th, 2011, 02:54 AM   #143
old hat
Cute little monster girl

He's probably referring to the absurdity of Dragon Mobile Fighter G Gundam Ball Z. Gundam Fight Begins!
Avatar - Enju Aihara (Black Bullet)
old hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 06:43 AM   #144
greg
'70s and '80s anime fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatayokuのTenshi View Post
Ha ha, silly me I must have misread, I thought you said...

...I don't understand.
Mobile Fighter G Gundam is not a part of the UC timeline. I don't think I was being inconsistent. Are you telling me it is part of the Tomino UC timeline?

About V Gundam, I actually liked it. I'd take it over G Gundam or Seed or Wing or whatever else. My wife liked it, especially Shakti. However, if people say they hate it, I won't bother defending it much.

Oh, and I'm willing to make an exception for Gundam X. I haven't seen it yet, but it looks promising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old hat View Post
He's probably referring to the absurdity of Dragon Mobile Fighter G Gundam Ball Z. Gundam Fight Begins!
Oh, that is pefect! That describes very well why G Gundam bites.

Last edited by greg; July 14th, 2011 at 06:46 AM.
greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2011, 07:16 AM   #145
Levo
Savior of the Universe

Quote:
Oh, and I'm willing to make an exception for Gundam X. I haven't seen it yet, but it looks promising.
You should watch it. I'm currently watching it since its like the only Gundam I haven't seen and out of all the AU's its probably the closest to the UC. Its just got that same tone to it, there's even Newtypes.

Old July 14th, 2011, 07:37 AM   #146
Caster13
You can't spell pimp without imp.

Holy crappers this thread is old. Given it's age, I'll post an update.

Gundam SEED. It sucked and blew at the same time. It was worse than Candidate for Goddess. Yes I just went there.
Old July 14th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #147
Ryvius
Rising Phoenix

Gundam X probably could have saved Gundam in the US.