AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Mature Discussion Forums > Yaoi/Yuri

Yaoi/Yuri Discuss expressions of homosexuality and same-sex love in anime. ADULT CONTENT.

Old January 20th, 2007, 09:31 AM   #1
Gibb
アサギ

So much crossdressing?

If you had asked me 10 years ago if I'd read a manga or watch an anime about a cross dressing guy, I probably would have said "No". I just realized that over the last few days I've been unintentionally watching/reading a bunch of stuff related to it

A few days ago I finished reading vol. 2 of Yubisaki Milk Tea, which is about a guy dressing up as a girl because he enjoys it. He's also got a girl who keeps making him dress as a girl because she doesn't like guys.

Then I watched all of the Otome wa boku ni koishiteru anime, which is about a guy dressing as a girl to go to an elite all girl's school. Surprisingly it was a really sweet anime with some heart warming type situations, rather than ecchi ones like I'd assume.

Oh and I also read the Kashimashi manga yesterday. I've already seen and love the anime as well. It's not really about crossdressing, but it's about a guy who gets turned into a girl, yet still has feelings for other girls.

Last but not least, the Gacha Gacha Next Revolution manga is about a guy who changes into a girl everytime he sneezes. He's still pretty much a guy at heart, so I guess that's kind of like crossdressing

I guess the first crossdressing series I ever saw was I My Me Strawberry Eggs, which I really liked, and Otome wa boku ni koishiteru is an awful lot like it.

Oh and I put this post in this forum because crossdressing in anime leads to very yuri type scenes, since the guy's practically become girls.

Last edited by Gibb; January 20th, 2007 at 09:40 AM.
Gibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2007, 09:52 AM   #2
Len
Counter Trolling Unit

E's Otherwise. Crossdressing. (Weird, seeing as Square-Enix produced it.. recall any other titles by Square which included Cross Dressing? )

+Expression+

Last edited by Len; January 20th, 2007 at 01:45 PM.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #3
DazzleKitty
Here kitty kitty....

I actually love the crossdressing stuff, because it makes the plot a whole lot more interesting. I think it was played out very well in Strawberry Eggs.

There are also a lot with crossdressing girls too, such as Hana-Kimi and Ouran. I know there's more out there too.
DazzleKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2007, 08:32 PM   #4
Gibb
アサギ

More crossdressing! I just watched Tokyo Godfathers, which was incredibly awesome ^__^. One of the 3 main characters is a cross dresser. I thought it was just an ugly woman from the cover hehe. He was a crossdresser that fits the definition a bit more than some of the other stuff I mentioned, since he was ugly as sin.

I need to check out Ouran since I've heard nothing but good things about it.
Old January 21st, 2007, 12:04 PM   #5
animeotaku99
Brony

Don't forget Jun in the anime Happiness, which I have yet to see.

Last edited by animeotaku99; January 21st, 2007 at 12:07 PM.
animeotaku99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2007, 12:54 PM   #6
Gibb
アサギ

ZOMG I did forget about Jun. I've seen every episode that's been fansubbed so far for Happiness! and it's one of my favorite series at the moment.
Old January 21st, 2007, 02:31 PM   #7
Hopelesromantic
Age is not a bonus

Its a case by case thing for me.

The guy had a reason for it in I My Me Strawberry Eggs. He wasn't just doing it for kicks.

If it has a point in the plot, then it's just a plot element.
Old January 21st, 2007, 02:34 PM   #8
Ariel Tsuki
Chick Who Love Bishies

And don't forget Yuujirou, Tohru and Mikoto from Princess Princess.

Current avatar: Nayuta Sakuragi (Honey x Honey Drops) [Note: Nayu is a B-O-Y!]
Ariel Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2007, 02:49 PM   #9
Gibb
アサギ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesromantic View Post
Its a case by case thing for me.

The guy had a reason for it in I My Me Strawberry Eggs. He wasn't just doing it for kicks.

If it has a point in the plot, then it's just a plot element.
Hmmmm, I didn't say he was doing it for kicks anywhere did I? If so then my bad. I have no complaints about any of the things I've watched recently, I just find it funny that I'm seeing so much crossdressing/yuri type stuff in the anime I've been really enjoying lately.
Old January 21st, 2007, 05:49 PM   #10
gameoffreak8

For crossdressing on manga and anime, I has Yubisaki Milk Tea, Hana-Kimi, and Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ manga. I downloaded Otome wa boku ni koishiteru anime today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzleKitty View Post
I actually love the crossdressing stuff, because it makes the plot a whole lot more interesting.
Ditto.

Currently watch anime
gameoffreak8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2007, 03:42 PM   #11
Danju
Romance Guru

I'm really into the crossdressing thing, but I prefer it if the character is straight. Either way, let me recommend a few of my favorites (summaries from ANN).

W. Juliet: Ito is a normal 16 year old girl, except for the fact that she looks just like and boy and no one would know she was a female if she didn't say so. One day, a mysterious and beautiful girl, Makoto, transfers to Ito's highschool. They both become friends and Ito invites her to her house. Ito happens to walk in on her while she is undressing in the bathroom... only to reveal that Makoto is a man. It turns out that Makoto's dream is to become an actor, but his father told him that if he wants to be an actor, he is to prove this to him by living (requiring acting skills) his life as a girl for the next two high school years without anyone finding out. Ito agreed to keep the secret, as well as keeping others from finding out. As Ito's and Makoto's friendship grows, romance blossoms, creating a very unique relationship that must be kept a secret as well.

Pretty Face: Martial Artist Randoh Masashi, is given the face of his secret love Kurimi Rina after an accident destroys his face. After a year in a coma he tries to return home only to find his family gone. However his secret love mistakes him for her lost sister, Yuna. Randoh then decides he must find the real Yuna for the sake of his love, Rina.

Tenshi na Konamaiki: Megumi-chan is a girl with a secret past. She used to be a boy until she met a person she thought was a magic user. This person gave him/her a magical book from which a genie appears to grant one wish when blood is applied to it. Megumi made the wish to be a man in a man's body but the genie has a twist: he grants wishes backwards so he turns Megumi-kun aged 9 to Megumi-chan. Years pass and Megumi enters High School where she immediately beats up the school bully who of course falls in love with her. She is looking for that book again to be able to reverse the spell placed upon her.

Current Obsession: Skyrim Creation Kit
Danju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2007, 06:21 PM   #12
Gibb
アサギ

Man what a freaking coincidence. I started watching another series, a shoujo one that I've heard nothing but praise about.

Old January 24th, 2007, 11:11 AM   #13
Gibb
アサギ

Oh noes, now add "Man Faye" to my list of weird cross dressing coincidences.
Old January 28th, 2007, 10:25 AM   #14
Defiled one
Macabre is also Seduction

Yeah..I almost forgot!! Here is something for you people.....

Part one..bless Youtube

Part two--bless Youtube...

This bringsback weird memories...especialy in carnival....
Defiled one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 10:43 AM   #15
HatsumiShinogu
Anime/Manga Fan

For crossdressing on manga, I have Hana Kimi, W Juliet, Yubisaki Milk Tea, Tenshi Ja Nai, and Girl Got Game.
HatsumiShinogu is offline   Reply With Quote