AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Off-Topic Forums > General Off-Topic Discussion

General Off-Topic Discussion Got something worthwhile to discuss with other otaku that's not related to anime?

Old March 14th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #16
sumwhatkrazy
spacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimurah View Post
I'm testing KM Player atm, but I'm having trouble making the subs show, either softsubs or any kind of str or *** subs. And a couple of videos are kinda buggy while using gpu acceleration
Yeah KM player can be a big complicated but believe me it has the best quality. For me it makes files look/sound/play better than other players and it will most definitely show all subs.
It took me a little while to figure it out also but once you figure it out its easy. You can do cool stuff like increase or decrease the size of the subs or choose to have them the top of the screen or bottom and things like that.
sumwhatkrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #17
kimurah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumwhatkrazy View Post
Yeah KM player can be a big complicated but believe me it has the best quality. For me it makes files look/sound/play better than other players and it will most definitely show all subs.
It took me a little while to figure it out also but once you figure it out its easy. You can do cool stuff like increase or decrease the size of the subs or choose to have them the top of the screen or bottom and things like that.
I found what I was doing wrong, since I had to download the mpcdec.ax from google and actually it was an audio lib instead of the vid lib. Still have to find out how to tweak it, don't like the yellow action text every time I ff or rew a vid, and I need to find out how to add filters, I like the sharpening and hd filters mpc has, it adds a nice dark shade and makes anime vids look crispier.
kimurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #18
Tonyx35
Do you remember love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimurah View Post
I'm testing KM Player atm, but I'm having trouble making the subs show, either softsubs or any kind of str or *** subs. And a couple of videos are kinda buggy while using gpu acceleration

As far as I can tell, Subs auto load by default on MKV files... You may have to manually load a file if it is AVI + separate sub file.

Have you tried changing Video Render method?
Right click>Video (advanced)> Video Renderer
Tonyx35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 02:55 AM   #19
DazarGaidin
=^..^=

I use cccp and media player classic (comes with cccp). I added real alternative codec and then i can play anything i have run across. I know on some .mkv videos they dont set subs on by default, you either have to right click on video and enable, or if that isnt an option you have to right click the codec in your status bar next to your clock and it will give you the options.
DazarGaidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:10 AM   #20
Jatz
No user serviceable parts inside.

I never understood the hatred for VLC. It plays damn near anything you throw at it and plays them well. The only complaint I have (playback wise) for it is that it repairs AVI indexes every time, which in anoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumwhatkrazy View Post
VLC can do that too BTW.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #21
sumwhatkrazy
spacy

^ ah K i just found VLC to be buggy and the audio wasnt as good either.
Old March 16th, 2012, 05:01 AM   #22
Jatz
No user serviceable parts inside.

^When did you try VLC? What version? A few years back they put out a prerelease build. (I started at 0.9a) They're up to 2.0 now.
Old March 16th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #23
sumwhatkrazy
spacy

I used VLC for years but stopped a year or so ago, maybe two. Dosent really matter iam very happy with KM