AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Anime & Related Forums > Anime

Anime Discuss anime stereotypes, characteristics, genres, history and more!

Old April 28th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #1
tigeress02
Guardian Spirit

FUNimation Licenses King of Thorn; Simulcast Euraka 7 AO

Just announced at their Anime Central panel.

King of Thorn (movie)

Edit: It's getting a DVD/BD release. No date yet, but it looks like they've been working on the dub as they showed a dubbed clip from it.

Edit 2:
Quote:
Via ANN

North American anime distributor Funimation announced at its Anime Central panel on Saturday that it has acquired the home media rights to the EUREKA SEVEN AO (Astral Ocean) television anime series and the King of Thorn film. Funimation has also acquired the simulcast rights to EUREKA SEVEN AO, and the series will begin streaming on Funimation's website this Thursday.

BONES' television anime sequel to its first Eureka Seven anime series premiered in Japan on April 12. The anime sequel features the return of the original anime's director Tomoki Kyoda, as well as several mechanical designers, art director, color stylist, visual effects director, and director of photography. The first anime's character designer Kenichi Yoshida and main mechanical designer Shoji Kawamori are also credited for "key character designs" and "Nirvash designs," respectively.

Kazuyoshi Katayama and Sunrise's film adaptation of Yuji Iwahara's King of Thorn manga follows Kasumi, a girl who was infected by a pandemic virus along with her twin sister Shizuku. Kasumi — but not Shizuku — was chosen to be among 159 other people who were placed into cryogenic suspension until a cure is found. The 160 wake up in the dark future populated by monsters, and Kasumi must survive while she searches for clues on what happened to the world and her sister.

Funimation presented a preview of the dub at its panel. The film held its world premiere at Spain's Sitges Film Festival in October 2010. Tokyopop published the entire 6-volume original manga before closing its North American publishing division last year.
DVDProfiler ~ FilmAF (Last Update: 4/18/14)
DVD Collection Pics
(Last Update: 07/15/12)

Last edited by tigeress02; April 28th, 2012 at 11:57 AM.
tigeress02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #2
Levo
There can be only one!

Cool, this is something I've really wanted to watch.

"No sappy lines allowed!" - Aika (Aria)
Levo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #3
tigeress02
Guardian Spirit

They also pick up the simulcast for Eureka 7 AO.

Edit: Press release states that they have home video rights to Eureka 7 AO as well.

Quote:
FUNimation Entertainment Announces New Acquisitions at Anime Central

Flower Mound, TX – April 28, 2012 -FUNimation Entertainment announced today at Anime Central it has acquired the home media rights to the feature film King of Thorn and series Eureka 7: AO (Astral Ocean).

In addition, FUNimation has acquired the simulcasts rights for Eureka 7: AO. Full episodes will begin on www.funimation.com during spring 2012.

A brief synopsis for each series is listed below:

Eureka 7: AO (Astral Ocean) – The story is set on Okinawa's isolated island of Iwado, which has seen a growing movement advocating a return to an autonomous government. Ao Fukai, a 13-year- old boy with a missing father, lives on the island with an old doctor named Toshio and is about to enter middle school. Ao's mother was taken away a decade ago by unknown individuals. Naru Arata, Ao's 13-year-old childhood friend and the story's heroine, lives with her father, older sister, and grandmother. She has a "Yuta" power awakened within her due to an incident when she was young. A mysterious entity called "Secret" suddenly appears and launches an attack on the Scub Coral lifeform on the island. Ao launches a certain military FP called "Nirvash" aboard a Japanese military transport in his fervent desire to protect the island.

King of Thorn: Panic spreads worldwide as the Medousa Virus—a fatal pandemic that solidifies the body to stone—threatens to wipe out the human race. 160 infected individuals are selected to be cryogenically frozen while a cure is developed. Kasumi is one of those chosen for the experimental program. Forced to enter without her twin sister, Shizuku, her distress multiplies when she awakens to find the facility overrun with thick, thorny vines and ravenous monsters. As Kasumi and six others fight a losing battle to escape this labyrinthine nightmare, questions cloud her distorted mind. Where is her sister? Why did their only salvation mutate into a deathtrap? If they survive, how much longer do they have to live?
DVD Collection Pics

Last edited by tigeress02; April 28th, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #4
SuiDream
❤ Sakura Trick ❤

I'm gonna pass on both of these.
Favorite Anime: Sakura Trick, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Air, Kanon, Clannad/Clannad After Story, Toradora, Strike Witches, Kill La Kill, Monogatari, Kashimashi, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha/Nanoha A's, Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya, Saki, Spice and Wolf, Aria, Lucky Star, Anohana, ef, Steins;Gate
My Anime Collection, My Anime List PSN: SuiDream88
SuiDream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #5
firedragon54738
Nekokota Festival

Well it cool that they got E7 Ao and still no word of Fairy Tail season 2
Old April 28th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #6
MechaFan
Fan of Mecha

Is that new Eureka 7 going to be a TV series or a OVA thing?? I might check it out if Renton is no where to be involved with the series
My Anime List + Video Game Backloggery
MechaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #7
tigeress02
Guardian Spirit

^TV series. 24 eps, I think.
DVD Collection Pics
Old April 29th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #8
ThePhillyFlash
C’est la vie

Hmm! King of Thorn sounds interesting. I might give that a try.
Anime watched in 2014: 165 episodes (44 anime: 32 watching, 11 completed, 1 dropped)
My Anime List / Pink Lady
ThePhillyFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 03:00 AM   #9
Levo
There can be only one!

King of Thorn interview with director and dub clip of movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEF1VSB-bIE

"No sappy lines allowed!" - Aika (Aria)
Levo is offline   Reply With Quote