AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Anime & Related Forums > Video Games

Video Games Need clues or cheats? Looking for recommendations or reviews? PC and console heaven is right this way.

Old April 26th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #496
cris

I bought so many games because I wanted it but turned out being crap. Like meruru atelier and silent hill hd
cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #497
Holy Knight
The Bearded Knight

^ I think you might have posted in the wrong thread.

@Vaik: cool stuff, didn't know there was an armor like that in the game. I don't think I ever saw it in the Wiki.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #498
Vaikyuko
Justice By Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Knight View Post
^ I think you might have posted in the wrong thread.

@Vaik: cool stuff, didn't know there was an armor like that in the game. I don't think I ever saw it in the Wiki.
Yeah, it's the only annoying armor set to get. Everything else is pretty easy though most of the boss armors that Domnhall of Zena sells are technically skippable and Lautrec's armor is easily missed since you don't have to do his quest.

"The agriculture ministry is not in charge of Gundam," ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura said.
Vaikyuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:54 PM   #499
cris

I did...i wonder what thread that belonged too...stupid phone and surfing forums
cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:40 AM   #500
Vaikyuko
Justice By Force

So I decided to bump this thread because I was annoyed with everyone ignoring my posts in Daily Vidya regarding the Prepare to Die Edition.

Before I launch into my thoughts, anyone have questions about PtDE?

They've changed things across the board in terms of stat rebalancing so now elemental weps are nerfed pretty fiercely, even ones like boss weapons (Quelaag's Furysword was doing mediocre damage at +5 with 0 humanity even though I haven't beaten Gwyn in round 1 yet). This makes regular weapons which normally got no play except in PvP rather than PvE viable, but it also more or less makes the game a little harder...especially in the DLC, where the bosses in particular are so much stronger and more agile that they are very difficult to kill.

I have gotten basically all of the new armor sets, but I'll withhold showing images for the moment till I have the full gear and can showcase everything, but they all look quite cool. Lord's Blade Ciaran's gear is probably my favorite aesthetically in the game now, though Artorias's Abyss-corrupted gear is awesome too.

The new bosses are all fairly challenging but simply by playing the usual cautious Dark Souls way, you will prevail. They all do have some kind of unique power, though -- for example, the Sanctuary Guardian is lightning enchanted which chips through even the Greatshield of Artorias, and Kalameet's chaotic flame breath has the same kind of mega chip damage. The bosses also have an unfortunate vertical nature at times so you can lose lockon, accidentally flip around, and get smashed, but not much you can do about that.

The port itself is pretty solid despite being bare bones. A fix exists for the resolution and depth of field resolution so the game now looks far and above console, and given with good hardware it can be run at 30 FPS constant (yes, it is locked to 30, it would disrupt every facet of gameplay if it wasn't) and even have 16xAA on top of that forced in drivers, it looks gorgeous. I plan on doing a recording of a playthrough of the game at some point in the future.

There's no new achievements involved, sorry to say for anyone hyped for that, which is a bit refreshing since it means you don't HAVE to get the DLC if you want to do a 100% achievements/trophies listing in your profile. Oh, and for the record, the DLC is fairly easy to access, but it is nowhere near the length they claimed it would be -- I spent a good few hours on it but that was because I deliberately explored every nook and cranny, activated every shortcut, killed everything ever, and wanted to ensure I missed nothing. On a NG+ run, since you know what you need to go for and how to approach the bosses, I imagine it would take less than two hours to clear the entire DLC.

"The agriculture ministry is not in charge of Gundam," ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura said.
Old August 29th, 2012, 05:59 AM   #501
MechaFan
Fan of Mecha

I'm glad you're enjoying it Vaik I plan on buying it as soon as it goes on sale.. Or when I get bored of CS:GO / GW2 Whichever comes sooner.. Either way I'm lookin forward to getting back into DrkS sometime soon.. I'm also glad they got the resolution thing taken care of, while still a little disapointed with the fact that you're stuck at 30FPS but ofcourse it is FROMs first port so I didn't expect perfection.
My Anime List + Video Game Backloggery
MechaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 06:12 AM   #502
Vaikyuko
Justice By Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaFan View Post
I'm glad you're enjoying it Vaik I plan on buying it as soon as it goes on sale.. Or when I get bored of CS:GO / GW2 Whichever comes sooner.. Either way I'm lookin forward to getting back into DrkS sometime soon.. I'm also glad they got the resolution thing taken care of, while still a little disapointed with the fact that you're stuck at 30FPS but ofcourse it is FROMs first port so I didn't expect perfection.
The problem is, everybody expected it to be this amazing translation, but Namco Bandai hates America. They don't localize anything, reportedly give subpar budgets for localizations, etc. They likely only pushed this because they could do it cheaply by doing a straight port (which they did, which is why it's perceived as having so many problems when it's perfectly playable) and didn't have to spend money to get a bunch of profit. FROM themselves warned everyone it would be a straight port, and they've been strictly console devs that I've followed for almost fifteen years now. They're good guys and make great games, it's just...they seem to be always a small dev because their games aren't mega seller AAA titles.

Old December 5th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #503
Holy Knight
The Bearded Knight

So some JP dude made a 59 min speed run of Dark Souls (no glitches, 1.07). Frickin' insane.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #504
Spike
Captain

Anyone else excited for Dark Souls 2?
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #505
MechaFan
Fan of Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I certainly am

Even though I still have the first Dark Souls to finish heh
My Anime List + Video Game Backloggery
MechaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:57 AM   #506
Nano
NOT not not not Spiderman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Yep.

Filler
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:04 AM   #507
neiru_3
Goats, goats everywhere!

I'm way behind. I'm more than half way through Demon's Souls...incredible game. Than I will play Dark Souls.
neiru_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 12:51 PM   #508
ryushe
Directly... to you!

Once I platinum Demon's (I'm so close, I can smell it!), I'll start-up Dark again just to see why it's apparently better than Demon's.
ryushe is offline   Reply With Quote